PRO file extension is used by Qt project files that are made using the Qt software development toolkit or SDK. It allows developers to create applications that can run on multiple platforms without needing to be rewritten each time. Qt applications are made each time with a \”make\” command.
Open PRO File on Windows OS
- Look for an PRO file you need to open in Windows Explorer and double-click on it
- If the file doesn’t open automatically and you see a “Windows can’t open a file” message then you should search for a program which can open PRO file
- If you have a program which can open PRO file installed on your computer then launch that program and select “File” and then “Open” or similar options from its menu to open the PRO file
- If you don’t have the program installed then you need to try searching for “PRO wiki”, “how to open PRO file” in the search engine.
- Once you find the application, install it on your computer
- After the program is installed double-click on the PRO file to open it
File extensions are used by Windows operating system to specify what kind of information is stored in the file. Every file in Windows OS needs to have file extension and file extensions are used by Windows to determine which application it should use to open the file. Every application installed on Windows OS places information about which extensions it could open into the Windows registry and Windows uses this information to determine which application it should launch when user double-clicks on the file. If application which can open PRO file is not installed, then Windows will show ‘Windows can’t open PRO file’ message and buttons to either select an application on the computer which can open the file or to search the web for the application which can open PRO file.