MPL files are playlists created to play AVCHD files inside camcorders. These are auto-generated playlists used by the machines themselves to playback files. It is useful for internal file navigation and playing back the desired file on the list. It is usually found in the AVCHDBDMVPLAYLIST directory inside the storage media of the device.
Open MPL File on Windows OS
- Look for an MPL file you need to open in Windows Explorer and double-click on it
- If the file doesn’t open automatically and you see a “Windows can’t open a file” message then you should search for a program which can open MPL file
- If you have a program which can open MPL file installed on your computer then launch that program and select “File” and then “Open” or similar options from its menu to open the MPL file
- If you don’t have the program installed then you need to try searching for “MPL wiki”, “how to open MPL file” in the search engine.
- Once you find the application, install it on your computer
- After the program is installed double-click on the MPL file to open it
File extensions are used by Windows operating system to specify what kind of information is stored in the file. Every file in Windows OS needs to have file extension and file extensions are used by Windows to determine which application it should use to open the file. Every application installed on Windows OS places information about which extensions it could open into the Windows registry and Windows uses this information to determine which application it should launch when user double-clicks on the file. If application which can open MPL file is not installed, then Windows will show ‘Windows can’t open MPL file’ message and buttons to either select an application on the computer which can open the file or to search the web for the application which can open MPL file.