The files with the extension of .webarchive are the Web Archive files and are associated with the Apple’s Web Browser, Safari. These files are used for the local display of a website page. The WEBARCHIVE . webarchive is actually a web-created format which is created by Safari. These files contain the HTML data in the form of images and audios from the websites which have been previously visited from the web browser. These files can be easily used on Windows and Mac operating system via the Safari browser.
So, how can you create or open this type of file?
When a .webarchive file is created by a Mac user, it allows him to view the web data even when the computer is not connected to the web services. However, if the page is an interactive one and keeps on collecting data from the Internet, the WEBARCHIVE .webarchive files will only store the basic information of the webpage but it won’t be to extract the full information from the website. The . webarchive WEBARCHIVE are very similar to the MHTML files by the Internet Explorer which store the HTML information from the web.
What’s more to know about this file format?
In addition to the Apple Safari, other programs which can open the WEBARCHIVE .webarchive files are Cruz, Apple TextEdit and iCab. The supporting program for the webarchive files was included in Safari Version 4 Beta for the use in Windows. It is also included in the subsequent versions. The webarchive format, can thus be used to compress and include even the whole music albums and movies because of the features of the WEBARCHIVE . webarchive files.
Open WEBARCHIVE File on Windows OS
- Look for an WEBARCHIVE file you need to open in Windows Explorer and double-click on it
- If the file doesn’t open automatically and you see a “Windows can’t open a file” message then you should search for a program which can open WEBARCHIVE file
- If you have a program which can open WEBARCHIVE file installed on your computer then launch that program and select “File” and then “Open” or similar options from its menu to open the WEBARCHIVE file
- If you don’t have the program installed then you need to try searching for “WEBARCHIVE wiki”, “how to open WEBARCHIVE file” in the search engine.
- Once you find the application, install it on your computer
- After the program is installed double-click on the WEBARCHIVE file to open it
File extensions are used by Windows operating system to specify what kind of information is stored in the file. Every file in Windows OS needs to have file extension and file extensions are used by Windows to determine which application it should use to open the file. Every application installed on Windows OS places information about which extensions it could open into the Windows registry and Windows uses this information to determine which application it should launch when user double-clicks on the file. If application which can open WEBARCHIVE file is not installed, then Windows will show ‘Windows can’t open WEBARCHIVE file’ message and buttons to either select an application on the computer which can open the file or to search the web for the application which can open WEBARCHIVE file.