PTB files are created by the Power Tab program, which helps guitar players pick up songs quicker through the tablature system that uses tabs instead of the traditional staff notation method. It is an alternative form of sheet music that is popular amongst non-classical guitar players, especially live music oriented players. The file may contain tabs for both regular and bass guitars.
Open PTB File on Windows OS
- Look for an PTB file you need to open in Windows Explorer and double-click on it
- If the file doesn’t open automatically and you see a “Windows can’t open a file” message then you should search for a program which can open PTB file
- If you have a program which can open PTB file installed on your computer then launch that program and select “File” and then “Open” or similar options from its menu to open the PTB file
- If you don’t have the program installed then you need to try searching for “PTB wiki”, “how to open PTB file” in the search engine.
- Once you find the application, install it on your computer
- After the program is installed double-click on the PTB file to open it
File extensions are used by Windows operating system to specify what kind of information is stored in the file. Every file in Windows OS needs to have file extension and file extensions are used by Windows to determine which application it should use to open the file. Every application installed on Windows OS places information about which extensions it could open into the Windows registry and Windows uses this information to determine which application it should launch when user double-clicks on the file. If application which can open PTB file is not installed, then Windows will show ‘Windows can’t open PTB file’ message and buttons to either select an application on the computer which can open the file or to search the web for the application which can open PTB file.