PLS is an audio playlist format that is supported by almost all modern media players. These files are also used to redirect OGG Vorbis audio files. It refers t the location of the file, the playing order and information like artist and song names. PLS files are also used by the MYOB accounting application to store company financial information and also used by PicoLog data acquisition software for storing settings.
Open PLS File on Windows OS
- Look for an PLS file you need to open in Windows Explorer and double-click on it
- If the file doesn’t open automatically and you see a “Windows can’t open a file” message then you should search for a program which can open PLS file
- If you have a program which can open PLS file installed on your computer then launch that program and select “File” and then “Open” or similar options from its menu to open the PLS file
- If you don’t have the program installed then you need to try searching for “PLS wiki”, “how to open PLS file” in the search engine.
- Once you find the application, install it on your computer
- After the program is installed double-click on the PLS file to open it
File extensions are used by Windows operating system to specify what kind of information is stored in the file. Every file in Windows OS needs to have file extension and file extensions are used by Windows to determine which application it should use to open the file. Every application installed on Windows OS places information about which extensions it could open into the Windows registry and Windows uses this information to determine which application it should launch when user double-clicks on the file. If application which can open PLS file is not installed, then Windows will show ‘Windows can’t open PLS file’ message and buttons to either select an application on the computer which can open the file or to search the web for the application which can open PLS file.