ONE files are used by the note taking software application from Microsoft called OneNote. These files are used to store notes that have taken through typing or through handwritten text and illustrations using a digitizer and a digital pen. It also include multimedia files such as images, audio and video.
Open ONE File on Windows OS
- Look for an ONE file you need to open in Windows Explorer and double-click on it
- If the file doesn’t open automatically and you see a “Windows can’t open a file” message then you should search for a program which can open ONE file
- If you have a program which can open ONE file installed on your computer then launch that program and select “File” and then “Open” or similar options from its menu to open the ONE file
- If you don’t have the program installed then you need to try searching for “ONE wiki”, “how to open ONE file” in the search engine.
- Once you find the application, install it on your computer
- After the program is installed double-click on the ONE file to open it
File extensions are used by Windows operating system to specify what kind of information is stored in the file. Every file in Windows OS needs to have file extension and file extensions are used by Windows to determine which application it should use to open the file. Every application installed on Windows OS places information about which extensions it could open into the Windows registry and Windows uses this information to determine which application it should launch when user double-clicks on the file. If application which can open ONE file is not installed, then Windows will show ‘Windows can’t open ONE file’ message and buttons to either select an application on the computer which can open the file or to search the web for the application which can open ONE file.