IPD files are primarily associated with RIM\”s (Research In Motion) BlackBerry devices. These are backup files that are created when BlackBerry devices sync data with PCs. It is a database format that stores all the information on the phone including contacts and emails. It is used for restoring data if the device software fails.
Open IPD File on Windows OS
- Look for an IPD file you need to open in Windows Explorer and double-click on it
- If the file doesn’t open automatically and you see a “Windows can’t open a file” message then you should search for a program which can open IPD file
- If you have a program which can open IPD file installed on your computer then launch that program and select “File” and then “Open” or similar options from its menu to open the IPD file
- If you don’t have the program installed then you need to try searching for “IPD wiki”, “how to open IPD file” in the search engine.
- Once you find the application, install it on your computer
- After the program is installed double-click on the IPD file to open it
File extensions are used by Windows operating system to specify what kind of information is stored in the file. Every file in Windows OS needs to have file extension and file extensions are used by Windows to determine which application it should use to open the file. Every application installed on Windows OS places information about which extensions it could open into the Windows registry and Windows uses this information to determine which application it should launch when user double-clicks on the file. If application which can open IPD file is not installed, then Windows will show ‘Windows can’t open IPD file’ message and buttons to either select an application on the computer which can open the file or to search the web for the application which can open IPD file.